The day has come… for the Insecure Writers Support Group. This month, we are asked what sort of schedule we have in place for writing and publishing. I sort of alluded to this in my previous post (about New Year Resolutions). My biggest issue at the moment is that I’m teaching and doing other (paid) jobs, also I’m Competitions Manager for the Association of Christian Writers and involved in leading services and preaching at church. Contrary to what everybody believes about teachers (‘You get your long holidays, don’t you?’ Snigger, snigger, snigger. Btw, we don’t. Not in the adult sector), we work very hard, preparing lessons and doing all the paperwork required by management. Moreover, although I enjoy my role in the ACW enormously, it does take up a lot of my time, as does what I do in church. So…. a very crowded life, even though I retired, once, from full-time teaching, and this year I’ve got to think about what has to go. (Put it another way, what I can afford to go.)
Last month, I did myself an Author Photo – using the selfie tool on my iPhone (see right).
My schedule so far (not necessarily in this order) is pretty ropey:
- Edit The Novel whenever I get a spare moment.
- On completion of 1, consider structure of The Novel and re-edit.
- Write article on rejection for Christian Writer (already pitched).
- Read books in later historical genres.
- Read and review books published by Instant Apostle (because I’m in their Facebook group and who knows… they might be interested.)
- On completion of 1 and 2, seek an editor (probably seeking advice of someone in ACW).
- By 1 November 2018, be in a position to start Nano with a new book!
… And I think that’s enough to be going on with. However ropey my schedule seems to you, Dear Reader, I certainly won’t get around to doing anything more.